Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Dilemma, Quandary, Tight Spot….Take Your Pick of Words but I am experiencing it

After spending Saturday at a BBQ/Pool Birthday party in the pouring rain for my dear friends Heidi and Jen, I know have a horrendous cold. So here is where the dilemma, quandary, tight spot comes in. I refuse to take a day off from work and sleep this off, because that would be admitting that I am sick and would also require me to use a day off to do nothing but lay in bed. And really who wants to waste a day off on that? You can be miserable at work or at home, might as well be miserable at work…anyway back from the tangent. Do I take a decongestant which will ultimately make my head feel better, but will give me a major anxiety attack and the sensation that there are things crawling all over me? Or do I suffer through the major headache, chills and just plain being uncomfortable?

5 comments:

Katie said...

First of all, I love this dilemma! I thought it might be something a little more...life changing! ;)

I say...take the day off, decongestant free. BUT...instead of feeling like you wasted a day off, get some good soup, a pint of Ben and Jerry's (none of that single serve business here), a good stock of trashy magazines-cosmo, glamour, etc.- and the complete series of Sex and the City....and enjoy your lazy day! No shower, no brushing teeth, no changing out of pajamas.... THAT's a day off! :) Hope you feel better love!

camilla said...

Just take the day off. get some rest, I spent 5 days in bed last week with swine flu it was horrible.

Lisa said...

I have to agree with Katie on both accounts. I thought this dilemma was going to be a scary, major thing. AND - You should take a day off. Sometimes you need to sleep and completely relax to get over stupid colds. A computer and stress from work (decongestant or not) won't let your body fight it off.

Heather said...

Take the day off and relax- that sounds so great. I learned the best natural decongestant when I was in the backcountry- water, water, and water. If you drink an insane amount of water (and yes, you will peeing ever 15 minutes), it clears your sinuses. It's worth a try.

Katie said...

Speaking of other natural remedies...sushi with LOTS of wasabi. Makes your eyes water, but clears those sinuses right out, and tastes MUCH better than cough syrup!