Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Seriously…




I think I may have the worst luck with cars ever.  So I am pulling up to the Junior League building with a wealth of cookbooks in theback of my car that I need to unload.  As I attempt to turn my car off and remove the key the remote portion of my key comes out but not the actual key.  I am standing there going WTF Mate?  Could this day get any worse?  After several attempts to fanigal it out or to have it start my car…I freak out and call my parents.  Because that is what I do….don ‘t judge.  At which point my Dad says “I thought we talked about getting AAA” which I have not done yet because I am lazy.   Of course when he gets there he manages to get it started (you would think that the whole moving it to neutral and back to park would work, but no, it’s locking and unlocking the doors, something I did not think of).  Off to the Nissan Dealership I go, it’s a faulty key.  They get me a new one no harm no foul other than the hour and half of my life wasted waiting for them to program the new key.  Oh and the fact that when I get home the remote doesn’t actually work…..back to the dealership I go to waste another hour of my life in an uncomfortable chair.  At least I had a book in my over-sized giant I call my purse. 


3 comments:

Heather said...

That sucks! I am glad you have that behind you- I hope this new key isn't faulty. :) Just look at it as an excuse to read your book.

Megan and Brian said...

I still call my dad whenever I have problems with anything. Then I go "Oh yea, I have a husband" and call him. Dad's are just so wise!

Matt and Jessica said...

I broke a key in the ignition once - Christmas morning '99. I called my Dad from the gas station on the South side of Provo. When he showed up he said the only reason he could think of for me sneaking off to a gas station on the South side of Provo on Christmas morning was drugs. Good thing I had some newly purchased Orange Sticks in hand (because we all thought someone else was going to buy him orange sticks - the only Christmas present he ever actually wants) as proof of no foul play!